Insights & Resources
The New Norm
by Joey Arsenault, March 29, 2023
Working remotely has become the new norm since the beginning of the COVID19 pandemic. The radio industry has been no exception to this massive shift in the workplace. When was the last time a full week went by and each day your office was filled with co-workers? It’s likely been a while.
You’ve likely heard how it’s never been easier to work remotely thanks to advancements in technology and software. While this is true for most industries, software designed specifically for radio hasn’t kept up. Accessing your client’s ads, sponsorships, proposals etc. on your phone has been such a hassle, if it’s possible at all. Or how about creating a prize giveaway on your phone? Or prepping your entire show complete with giveaways, client mentions and a full rundown, again on your phone? These things may be possible using at least 3 separate platforms, that are more than likely not designed for radio. The systems that are designed for radio, aren’t mobile friendly, so using them on a phone is an awful experience. A lot of systems don’t even offer cloud-based versions, so you must be at your desk to use them, which is the biggest pain in our new world.
SPARC Media Hub is an all-in-one platform designed specifically for radio. This cloud-based, mobile friendly platforms offers creative workflow, promotions workflow, prize management, prep tools for talent and shows, phone screening, texting, sales workflow and lots of other tools to make your life easier. Sales reps can not only search any creative for their client directly on their phone but can also approve and revise any creative for their clients from anywhere. Promotions can create giveaways, contact winners, automate sending prize waivers, create station events or remotes from a phone, tablet or PC. SPARC is wherever you are.
In this new world of remote and hybrid work schedules, the software you use should be as flexible and nimble as you. Contact G Networks today to get more information on making the switch to SPARC Media Hub.
Meet your audience where they are and give them a voice
by Michael Fischer, February 17, 2023
When morning duo Ace & TJ made a commitment to going digital, they chose AirKast to connect to their mobile audience.
In fact, when they lost a flagship affiliate, they we’re thrilled at how many fans followed them too mobile!
Their approach is simple, meet listeners where they are, give me engaging content (audio and video) and allow them to give their opinions on what they’re looking for on a radio show.
Their app highlights include their daily YouTube broadcasts, Trivia and Polls and as well as the ‘speak up’ feature which allows listeners to connect directly to them with content ideas and comments, while collecting ‘first person’ fan data to grow their database.
The best part, AirKast’s listener analytics and heat maps allow their team to see exactly who’s listening, where they’re listening and what content they’re engaging in to strengthen their show strategy. If you’re looking to create an App for your station, group or a show within your on-air line-up see what Ace & TJ have to say here.
Schedule a tour of AirKast today!
Protect against cyber attacks
by Milan Radevic, February 15, 2023
Cyberattacks are on the rise, and it’s more important than ever to protect yourself and your data. Here are some steps you can take to safeguard against cyberattacks:
- Use strong, unique passwords: A strong password is the first line of defense against cyberattacks. Use a password manager to generate and store complex, unique passwords for each of your online accounts.
- Keep software up to date: Software updates often include security patches, so make sure to keep all your devices and applications up to date to protect against vulnerabilities.
- Be wary of phishing scams: Phishing scams are attempts to steal sensitive information, often by posing as a trustworthy entity. Be cautious when clicking on links or downloading attachments from unfamiliar sources, and never enter personal information into a website unless you are confident it is legitimate.
- Use two-factor authentication: Two-factor authentication (2FA) adds an extra layer of security by requiring a secondary method of confirming your identity, such as a code sent to your phone. Enable 2FA on all accounts that support it.
- Backup your data: Regularly backing up your data ensures that you won’t lose critical files in the event of a cyber attack or other data loss. Store backup copies of important files in the cloud or on an external hard drive.
- Educate yourself and others: Stay informed about the latest cyber threats and best practices for security and educate others in your personal and professional networks about the importance of cybersecurity.
By following these steps, you can significantly reduce your risk of falling victim to a cyberattack. Remember to always be vigilant and never hesitate to reach out for help if you need it. Radio IT Solutions is available 24/7 to help answer any questions.
Schedule a tour of Radio IT Solutions today!
WHO WE ARE
Radio Resources is an end-to-end suite of Products & Services designed for the Radio Broadcaster.
Stay up to date with the latest news delivered right to your inbox